Thursday, September 15, 2016

My Trevor

Its Valentines Day this week and eight years ago today Trevor asked me to marry him. Trevor is an exceptional man in many ways and often times feels naught of it. Our relationship has not been easy and we have suffered and cried together along with the smiles and kisses. I have issues with trusting men. Imprinted upon me by my father but Trevor, he is my rock. If a list of his qualities could suffice I would list them and show them to the world but it is not enough. He is my Husband and our daughters Father and the worthy priesthood holder and patriarch of our home. Which means more then just those simple words can express. Growing up my home didn't always have that and my gratitude at the man that he has become overflows me. We are not those same people who laid in the grass eight years ago pledging their love. We have changed and I love him more, if possible, then I did then. He takes care of me when I need taking care of. I can sometimes be an emotional wreck and he is always there. Holding me and loving me and sympathizing with me. Never judging me or belittling my pain. He finds me desirable though I am not exactly the women he married almost eight years ago. We are forever. I know that Valentines is not a "real" holiday and that it has become commercialized but I am thankful for it. I am thankful for this time of year when I can think about our relationship and friendship and feel overwhelmed my our love and our joy. I remember watching him hold our first daughter and see the love compassion and loss in face and I am in awe of such a strong and willing man of God. I wish I could find words to describe that moment but I am at a loss. This Valentines and everyday I express my complete love devotion and respect for my Trevor.

No comments:

Post a Comment